Free quilt pattern: Sunrise
Are you looking for a beautiful wall hanging to brighten up your home?
Sunrise is the perfect size for your next quilted wall hanging. With paper-foundation piecing, you’ll be able to stitch flawless points on the suns and pair it with your favorite pantograph! This pattern is sure to be one of your favorite staple pieces.
Quilt Pattern Dimensions
- Finished quilt: 28 ½” × 35 ½”
- Finished block: 7″ × 7″
Quilting and finishing tips
- Layer the quilt top, batting and backing; baste the layers together.
- Use the orange 2 ½” wide strips to make double-fold binging. Sew the binding to the quilt.
In these images, the designer free motion quilted in the white areas only so the orange, yellow and red pieces would stand out from the quilt surface.
She quilted pearls in the B pieces, back-and-forth zigzags in the white triangles, and curvy back-and-forth ribbons in the E pieces. The E pieces are a great space to try out different quilting designs – let your imagination run free!
Need some inspiration for other quilt designs? Other great options for this type of pattern would be a Groovy Buds Filler or Sharp Meander Filler.
Sunrise is designed and made by Kate Henderson. If you use the Sunrise pattern, please share pictures with us on our APQS Instagram or Facebook pages. Happy quilting!
Additional APQS blog resources
- For more information on loading a quilt, check out our The Ins and Outs of Loading a Quilt.
- For more information about ¼” seams, read our article How to Achieve ¼” Wide Seams.