Free quilt pattern: Spin
Looking for a quilting pattern to use for a holiday themed quilt and much, much more? Spin is a clever twist on a simple block design that pairs perfectly with any color scheme. You can spice things up with brighter prints or use a solid color in place of one of the prints in each block for extra pop!
Hot tip: this pattern is also fabulous for quilters who are looking to whittle down their fabric stash.
Quilt pattern dimensions
- Finished quilt: 66 ½” × 66 ½”
- Finished block: 12″ × 12″
Quilting and finishing tips
- Trim the salvages from the backing fabric and cut the backing into two pieces, approximately 42″ × 74″ each. Join the backing pieces, press, and then trim to approximately 74″ square for a backing with a vertical seam.
- Layer the quilt top with batting and backing. Baste and quilt as desired.
- Bind the edges with the blue 2½”-wide strips. Add a label to your quilt, if desired.
The quilt shown is quilted with an overlapping circle pattern that is reminiscent of Spirograph designs and is perfect for this updated Pinwheel quilt.
Additonal APQS blog resources
- For more information on cutting, check out our 10 Tips for Quick Cutting.
- For more information about color schemes, read our article Basic Color Theory for Quilters.