Free quilt pattern: Stardust Baby
Here’s the perfect quilt pattern for your next baby shower gift! The Stardust Baby pattern is a charming quilt full of stars to help baby’s first wish come true. This quilt will surely be treasured by the recipient for many years to come.
Hot tip: match the colors in the quilt to match baby’s nursery or the recipient’s favorite color!
Quilt pattern dimensions
- Finished quilt: 48 ½” x 48 ½”
- Finished block: 16” x 16”
Quilting and finishing tips
- Layer the quilt top, batting and backing. Quilt!
- Join the 2 ½”-wide bias strips into one length approximately 204” long to make bias binding. Sew the binding to the quilt.
Stardust Baby features an allover swirl pattern to add a bit of whimsy as well as curvy contrast to the straight lines of patchwork.
Need some inspiration for other quilt designs? Other great options for this type of pattern would be a Peacock Eye or Curled Big Bananas filler.
Stardust Baby was designed, pieced and quilted by Pat Wys.
If you use the Fields of Green pattern, please share pictures with us on our APQS Instagram or Facebook pages. Happy quilting!
Additional APQS blog resources
- For more information on avoiding bulk seams, read our Piecing trick to reduce bulk seams.
- For more information on sashing and setting squares, check out our Simple sashing and setting squares.