Free quilt pattern: Rainbow Hearts
We LOVE a heart-themed quilt pattern – especially when the pattern features rainbow hearts! Show off your color crush during the season of love with this cheerful rainbow-of-colors quilt. Not a fan of all the colors? Don’t worry – you can create an ombre effect by using only cool or only hot colors for your pieced hearts
Hot tip: this pattern is also fabulous for quilters who are looking to whittle down their fabric stash.
Quilt pattern dimensions
- Finished quilt: 31 ½” x 41 ½”
- Finished blocks: 10” x 10”
Quilting and finishing tips
- Layer and baste your quilt, and quilt!
- Using the bright 2 ½” x 10” strips, prepare double-fold binding. Sew the binding to the quilt.
Custom quilting of swirling feathers fills the white background areas, while heart-shaped feathered wreaths, stitched with variegated thread, fill the colorful hearts
Rainbow Hearts was designed and priced by Cornelia Gauger and machine quilted by Karen Burns of Compulsive Quilting. If you use the Rainbow Hearts pattern, please share pictures with us on our APQS Instagram or Facebook pages. Happy quilting!
Additional APQS blog resources
- For more information about picking fabrics that compliment your quilt, read our Three aspects of color series
- For more information on cutting, check out our 10 Tips for Quick Cutting.