Free quilt pattern: Over and Under
This month’s free pattern is called Over and Under and is the perfect end-of-summer project! Using a solid white background allows even large-scale prints to stand out, and it provides a crisp, clean contrast for the main fabrics. It’s also perfect for quilters looking to whittle down their fabric stash!
The quilt pattern dimensions are:
- Finished quilt: 61½” × 61½”
- Finished block: 12″ × 12″
Quilting and finishing tips
- Layer and baste the quilting top, batting and backing and quilt the layers.
- Using the large-scale floral 2 ½” – wide strips, prepare and attach the binding.
- An allover pattern of elaborate echoed feathers fills (like the one below), makes the background areas shine just as much as the patchwork motifs.
Additional APQS resources
For more information on how to attach borders to a quilt top, click here: https://bit.ly/3cebU8y
For more information about how to machine quilt feathers, click here: https://bit.ly/3wsrYL0