Free quilt pattern: Big Bang
Thinking about sprucing up your bedroom or guest room this spring? Here’s a beautiful quilt pattern to use on your bed! –The Big Bang pattern is a big-block quilt that uses two variations of the same block.
Hot tip: this pattern is perfect for diverse color palettes.
Quilt pattern dimensions
- Finished quilt: 72” x 84”
- Finished block: 20” x 20”
Quilting and finishing tips
- Cut and piece the backing fabric, and then layer the quilt top with batting and backing. Quilt!
- Using the aqua 2½”-wide strips, make double-fold binding; attach the binding to the quilt.
The quilt pictured above is quilted with delicate texture created by single feathers and the occasional heart.
Additional APQS blog resources
- For more information about creating perfect squares on your quilt, read our Reference chart for squares on point
- For more information on cutting, check out our 10 Tips for Quick Cutting.