Free quilt pattern: Big Bang
April 18, 2023
Thinking about sprucing up your bedroom or guest room this spring? Here’s a beautiful quilt pattern to use on your bed! –The Big Bang pattern is a big-block quilt that uses two variations of the same block.
Hot tip: this pattern is perfect for diverse color palettes.
Quilt pattern dimensions
- Finished quilt: 72” x 84”
- Finished block: 20” x 20”
Quilting and finishing tips
- Cut and piece the backing fabric, and then layer the quilt top with batting and backing. Quilt!
- Using the aqua 2½”-wide strips, make double-fold binding; attach the binding to the quilt.
The quilt pictured above is quilted with delicate texture created by single feathers and the occasional heart.
Need some inspiration for other quilting designs? Other great options for this type of pattern would be a Sea Foam or Lucky Charms filler.
Big Bang was designed and made by Jessi Jung and quilted by Judy Howard. If you use the Fields of Green pattern, please share pictures with us on our APQS Instagram or Facebook pages. Happy quilting!
Additional APQS blog resources
- For more information about creating perfect squares on your quilt, read our Reference chart for squares on point
- For more information on cutting, check out our 10 Tips for Quick Cutting.