APQS Beginner’s Class
October 15 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT
APQS Educator, Angela Huffman, shares 13 years of experience to help you get the most from your new APQS longarm!
This is a comprehensive class that covers multiple ways to load a quilt on a frame, how to set tension, how to use pantographs & line them up, basic machine maintenance (APQS specific), how to choose threads, batting. It is mainly lecture/demo so be sure to bring something to write with and a list of any questions you may have. It is free for those who have purchased an APQS new or factory certified used machine It is designed to help those who own their own stand up quilting machine- regardless of the brand.
• Skills you need to complete typical quilting projects on your new longarm machine
• Supply information
• Thread and batting
• Maintenance (APQS specific)
• Selection of Needles
• Different ways to load a quilt
• How to conquer pantographs
• Basic custom quilting skills like border designs, blocks, stitching in the ditch and more
• Business tips (Customer contact and consultation)
Cost: Free with the purchase of a new or certified used APQS machine; tuition of $200 for all others.