Why choose a GeorgeWith the George, you can create quilts that are individualized as you are. George is our sit-down machine with a generous 20” throat and large, flat workspace to easily maneuver your quilt.
- $6,650 + shipping & handling (currency calculator)*
- Lifetime warranty parts/labor
*APQS goods are priced at the factory. All
freight, insurance, customs charges, import duties/tariffs, and local
value-added taxes (VAT, MWST, etc) are the responsibility of the
Standard APQS Machine Features
- Lifetime warranty - handcrafted in America and built to last.
- Lifetime customer support - unrivaled service and education.
- Interchangeable hopping foot - lets you customize your machines feet based on the kind of quilting you do.
- Bobbin options -Your choice of Smart Bobbin© (L size) or Big Bobbin© (M size) - You get a
choice of the size bobbin you prefer so your machine is specifically
made to your tastes and style of quilting.
- Synchronous belt drive system - APQS machines are precisely held in time through our belt drive technology. Building a machine that will not fall out of time means your tension and stitch integrity will be the same for the life of your machine.
- Self-lubricating bushings - The amount of oil required to care for an APQS machine is a fraction
of what other quilting machines need, making maintenance simple and
- LED lighting - Bright, clear lighting increases accuracy.
- Quiet, enclosed DC motor - APQS combines technology with sleek design to give you a beautiful
machine with the horsepower you need. Our integrated electronics and
motor are tucked away behind the clean lines of our machines.
- Single disc thread tensioner - Having only one place to set tension means our machines can run a wide range of even the most finicky threads, opening up your creative options.
- Auto needle positioner - When you come to a halt your APQS machine will not stop partially in
the fabric - it will either stop in the full up or full down position,
depending on your preference.
- Single stitch button, two position - Whether you like to tack your starting/ending stitches or knot &
bury, you can control it all with the touch of a button.
- Laser Stylus - Easily follow a paper pattern with the precision laser.
- Variable needle speed - Different types of quilting require an increase in needle speed to
match the complexity of the design. A touch of the button gives you the
control you need without having to navigate through a series of menus.
- 24" x 60" portable table
- Throat size: 20" x 8" .
- Weight 35 lbs (15.9 kgs)
- Voltage: 120V 50/60 Hz. All APQS machines run on standard household current.
- Needle Speed: 0-2400 SPM
- Footprint: 2' x 5' length
- Fold-up table: 24" x 60" and adjusts in height from 22" to 30"
Optional Machine Features
- In-home setup by factory certified technician ($500) - Have your machine professionally set up and adjusted with some basic training to get you started.
Optional Table Features
- George travel case ($300) - Easily store George or take him along to retreats or your vacation home. He can be nestled safely no matter where your journey takes you.
- Additional work table without cutout for machine - Slide up a second table to expand your work surface even more. This second table is great for supporting the weight of a very large quilt as you work with George.
Why Choose APQS
- Easy to use
- Great value due to superb quality giving you a lifelong reliable workhorse of a machine
- Smooth fingertip machine movement
- Unbeatable lifetime warranty
- Lifetime customer support - Toll Free
- Local dealer network for easy repair or service
- Manufactured completely in the USA by a 30-year-old company with a reputation for quality
- Minimal maintenance
- Fast access to parts.
Set-up and Delivery
Delivery - machine shipping and handling
- Shipping in the USA typically costs between $100-$400.
- Export costs are your responsibility.
- Most orders should arrive in 1-5 business days from the time the shipment leaves the factory in Carroll, Iowa.
- Arrangements can be made if you would like to pick up your machine at the APQS Factory in Carroll, Iowa, or the APQS Showroom in Des Moines, Iowa.
- No crating fees.
Every APQS longarm quilting machine comes with machine, table, patterns, thread, bobbins, bobbin winder, needles, and more.
The machine will also come with easy-to-follow, step-by-step assembly instructions as well as a basic training CD and manual. Assembly is simple and will only take an hour. The sewing head is assembled for you; you only need unfold the table.
If assistance is needed our technicians are available by telephone.
Professional machine set-up
We also offer the option of professional in home/business set up for an added cost of $500.
- Sets up your table where you want it.
- Assembles your new quilting machine.
- Makes table adjustments.
- Installs bobbin, thread, and needle.